Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Home

I love my home. I love living where I live more than any place else! I tried living in Houston once, and it nearly did me in. People just didn't get it when I said it never got dark(I'm pretty sure they thought I was nuts), or that it never got quite. Where I live you can't see your hand in front of your face when its time to sleep, and it's so quite you can here the train whistle from miles away. I love listening to that eerie howl at night, it means I'm home and life is good. Well today it rained- this is amazing because it technically hasn't rained for months- we are under a SEVERE drought! I thought while it was raining, and while it wasn't I would go out and take some photos of my home! Here they are!
Meet George and Roscoe the ranch mascots! George is the one on the bottom, can you figure out which one is Roscoe?  Those lovely yellow flowers are actually weeds, but they make a nice backdrop don't they! I know that one field is all dirt, but it will be grass soon! 

So on the Discovery Channel they have Shark Week(don't we all love that!) but today it's horse day! While I was out riding around I spied the resident horses and jumped out and sat down on the ground. Eventually they worked their way over to me. All the photos were take while laying on the ground. Although contrary to what the photos may suggest my boots made it out in one piece, but it was a close call! I can't say how much I love it here! 

Ps. trying to take a self portrait with a horse that doesn't have a halter on is hard,because they can run away!, hence my face of intense concentration! 


No comments:

Post a Comment